Friday, April 18, 2008

Thing 12

I preferred the Mixx site, in that it organized the news by category --- it was easier to scan at a glance for articles that I may be interested in reading. The other three sites appeared more random and seemed to focus more on number of "hits."

As for my media center, I would recommend the Mixx site to staff --- definitely not age-appropriate for my K-4 graders.

Whether these sites are productive or detracting, I can't judge at this point. I've decided that I'm definitely not a "social networker", but I have children who are. I suppose to some users it is valuable to be able to weigh in with their vote on what is important. And, some of these issues are very important.

Since I am now aware of them, I may read a story from what of these sites, especially if it was something that was very important to me.

No comments: