Sunday, March 30, 2008

Thing 10

Originally, I thought wikis were taboo, as they were created by "amateurs". What is surprising is the studies that have demonstrated that wiki accuracy is not that far off from the established encyclopedias.

Wikis have opened my mind to the knowledge and collective thought of its contributors. As for any information source, they need to be critically evaluated before applied. Now, I don't think they should be limited as much.

I loved the Book Lovers Wiki from Princeton which would be fun to do in our school setting, either as a staff or student site (maybe both?).

I edited the "23 things on a stick" wiki. When it boils down, it is all about sharing good resources and information.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Hello,

Wikis are a bit different than other Web sites...and I still think the verdict is out on having a group of folks editing a particular site. But then again...

Keep Bloggin!


Cindy Gruwell
23 Things CMLE Coach